Finding a bikini that fits your body perfectly can be a daunting process, but if you want to look your absolute best by the pool or on the sand, this is a task that you will need to accomplish. Thankfully, it doesn’t have to be all that difficult after all. Continue reading for a few tips and guidelines that will help you find a bikini that fits and brings out your body’s best features.
Choose A Bikini Based On Your Body Type
Different bikinis will look differently on different body types, so what works for one woman won’t necessarily work for another. Therefore, one of the best ways to find a bikini that fits perfectly is by shopping for your particular body type.
- Pear shaped women can opt for a clean-skirted bottom, according to Pop Sugar, and they should avoid a thick-banded bottom or a boy short. When it comes to the bikini top, choose one that is eye-catching, such as one that has a plunging neckline.
- Athletic body types can look great in bottoms and tops that feature embellishments, ruffles, and bold prints. Tie-side bottoms can help enhance the look of your curves, and smaller bottoms can make your chest appear fuller as well.
- Women who have a small bust can try triangle tops in order to create an illusion of more curves. Tops with embellishments and bold prints are also a good idea, as are tops that feature padding for a push-up effect.
- On the other hand, women who have a larger bust can look fabulous in bra-style bikini tops that have adjustable, thick straps and underwire for support. The main thing to look for in a top is support, so molded cups are also a good place to start. And, it’s also a great idea to look for styles that are sized like bras so you can find the bikini that fits your body just right.
- Curvy women should have no fear shopping for a bikini that fits perfectly, as there are so many different options out there that will make you look and feel fabulous. Asymmetrical styles are worth trying on to see how you like them, and retro suits with halter tops and high waists can also be a lot of fun.
Taking Measurements Can Be Super Helpful
Rather than guessing what your size is or spending a lot of time in a dressing room while trying on various sizes to find the one that fits best, consider taking some measurements before you start shopping. That way, you can have a size in mind, and that can help you save time, while also helping you avoid frustration.
How should you measure your body for a bikini that fits? Here are some tips (be sure to have a cloth tape measure handy):
- Start by measuring your bust. Wrap the flexible tape measure around the fullest part of your bust while you are wearing a good fitting bra. Make sure the tape measure is straight across your back. Don’t wrap it too tightly, see what the number is, and write it down.
- Next up is your hip measurement. Be sure to wrap the flexible tape measure around the fullest part of your hips, leaving it just slightly loose so it isn’t too tight. Write down the measurement.
If you are looking at styles online, you might come across brands that have size charts. These can come in really handy, especially if you have taken the right measurements. All you would have to do is match up your measurements to the appropriate size. Just remember that you might need a totally different size for your bikini bottom than your top, depending on your body type (for example, you might need a size large top, but a size medium bottom).
Tip: The fabrics that are used in swimwear usually stretch a little when they get wet. Therefore, it’s a good idea to stick with your true size, or go down a size, if you’re the type that likes to go swimming. If you tend to spend more time sunbathing, however, you might find that the bikini is more comfortable if you go a size up.
Get the Perfect Fit
Even after you’ve chosen the right style, it’s time to make some adjustments to get the ideal fit.
- First, you can start by playing with the straps, making them looser or tighter until the bikini is securely on your body without being so tight that the straps dig into the skin.
- Then, you can gently move your breasts toward the middle of your torso, ensuring that they’re completely covered by the top. This will create an even more flattering appearance.
- To finish off your look, make sure that the top isn’t riding up on your back or on the sides of your body. If it is, make a few more adjustments to the straps.
Have Fun While Shopping for a Beautiful Bikini That Fits!
As you shop for the right bikini that fits your body perfectly, don’t be afraid to experiment with different styles. Just because one bikini doesn’t work certainly doesn’t mean that another one won’t. Try different cuts, sizes, and prints until you find the bikini that you’ll be proud to show off.