Exercising in the water is a great way to complete an effective low-impact workout that will get your heart rate up and your muscles working hard. If you do go about working out in the pool, though, you will need an active swimsuit that can keep up with you.
Check out the tips below so that you can choose an active swimsuit that will not only deliver on performance, but also on style.
Want a Bikini?
If you would prefer to wear a bikini for your workout, there are a few things to consider as you shop:
- If you are a lap swimmer, opt for a bottom that features a drawstring waistband to help it stay in place.
- When it comes to your bikini top, search for a hydrodynamic style, such as one that looks like a sports bra, or a triangle style.
- If you want additional support that can help your bikini stay in place, you might also look for one with thicker straps.
Want Something More Traditional?
According to Swim Outlet, there are also traditional swimsuits that you can choose from if you want to go the more conservative route.
- Rather than donning a bikini, you would wear a one-piece swimsuit with modest cuts and thick straps for more support.
- The back style of these swimsuits will be less revealing, and the legs will be lower-cut.
- Opt for an active swimsuit that features a fabric that is comfortable and stretchy. A good example is LYCRA®, but polyester is also a great choice.
- Choose this type of swimsuit for everything from open water swimming and lap swimming, to diving, water aerobics, aqua jogging, and swim racing.
Hopefully, these tips will help you as you shop for a swimsuit that you will love to wear for your workouts in the pool or at the beach.